November 21, 2013
What I need to get out of my Communications Major. . .
- apply principles and skills of successful, ethical communication in all areas of my personal and professional life
- well qualified to enter the professional workplace and obtain gainful, productive employment.
- Effective interpersonal interaction in dyadic and group settings
- Effective research and analysis with clear interpretation, relevance and presentation of data
- Writing clearly, concisely, cleanly and creatively across media-related styles and platforms
- Effective speaking and presenting to mass audiences
- Effective visual communication through proficiency with the latest tools of print, video and Web design and production
- Engaging in ethical and legal communication practices in all personal and professional settings by living the values and standards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
November 14, 2013
- Make a phone version of your blog/website to make the site easier to use on phones.
- Making apps will help bring people in.
November 7, 2013
- Grad plan helps you to organize and prioritize the classes you need to take.
- Will help you figure out the most efficient way to plan your classes.
- It also helps you keep track of any changes you may need to make or additional classes you are required to take.
October 31, 2013
- Advertising is used for government, schools, awards, memberships, services, events, and more.
- Advertising is a good way to market yourself because it puts you out there.
- When it comes to advertising it is important to make yourself look appealing to the audience you are trying to draw in.
October 24, 2013
- Be consistent with updating blogs and personal information.
- Discuss issues that affect the audience.
- Make your blog or website easy to navigate so people will want to use it.
- Make a way for others to receive updates from your page.
- Be active on social networks.
October 17, 2013
- When going in for an interview know the following. . .
- Goal of the Candidate
- Goal of the Interviewer
- Research the Position
- Research the Organization. If you know the company or organization’s goal(s) you will impress the hiring manager because it shows interest.
October 10, 2013
- In Communications it is important to not only write clearly, but to make whatever you may be presenting attractive to the eye.
- Share something with others that they will care about.
- Connect to your audience through pictures, words, topics.
- Display enthusiasm in your audience’s interests, but make sure it’s something you care about too so the passion can add to its potential.
October 3, 2013
http://www.ap.org appeared to be an informative website more than anything.
September 26, 2013
- Everything is very organized on the I-COMM Student Media website.
Some things I notice about the website. . .
- The opinion of others is valued and sought out.
- It is important to keep the audience updated and entertained by including sports, lifestyle, and campus news/events.
- The content is copyrighted.
- They make themselves reachable and marketable.
September 19, 2013
Your number one goal when trying to get hired is to direct the hiring manager(s) to your blog.
Including a QR in a resume will. . .
- Make you stand out
- Make you more marketable
- Catch the attention of the employer of your desired position
- Makes you extremely visible.