November 21, 2013
- Ethics is driven by values.
- A wordsmith is a skilled user of words.
Qualities of a Wordsmith
- The Value of the Written Word
The Value of the Written Word
- In the 15th Century only wealthy people owned books because the poor couldn’t afford such purchases.
- 1716 a word for using another’s words as one’s own was title “plagiarism.”
- An original work of authorship and a work in a fixed tangible form can by copyrighted.
- A copyright license lasts the life of the author plus 70 years.
- Consumers get exclusive rights, not total rights.
- Fair use.
- Amount used
- Nature (factual verses creative)
- Effect on Market